Monday, June 2, 2014

Discuss your experience screencasting for this module. What tool did you use? How did it go? What were the benefits and/ or limitations of the tool?

I was a bit apprehensive about doing this module.  It was something new and I wasn't sure how I would be with screencasting.  I originally tried to use screencastomatic, but decided since I was more familiar with smart, I would use that instead.  The video seemed fairly easy to follow and complete.  I finished my video, saved it and then tried to replay it.  The audio was there, but there was no video.  My computer kept telling me that the video player crashed. 

I will try to figure this out in the morning and if it won't work, I will move on to another program and redo. 

Since this was my first time screencasting, I felt like it was simple to do.  I did a short lesson on how to graph.  Since I used the smart program, I had to use the pens to write in my scale.  Since the thickness of the pens were so great, I had a difficult time with spacing while creating the scale.  I wonder if there is a way to make the pens thinner.  I told the students that one of them may be able to help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment